Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Scarf I Must Knit

A few weeks ago, I was drifting around on the internet and saw The Scarf I Must Knit. Normally, knitting a scarf implies that you're just trying to use up some yarn, but this scarf was a bloody work of art. Mosaic (or maybe fair isle) colour work knitting with two charts making up some sort of swirly, wavey design. A beautiful varigated colour way mixed in with a grounding solid colour. The scarf was for the strong... or for someone who wanted to drive themselves completely insane reading charts.

It was definitely The Scarf I Must Knit.

Unfortunately, it was late, I was tired, and I didn't bookmark the site. I neglected that I found the pattern on a link on someone's blog. A woman had let this scarf drive her crazy... I want that same feeling... and a hot scarf.

After a couple weeks of scouring the internet in hopes of finding the pattern again, I asked around on some of the LiveJournal knitting communities and was either:

A) yelled at for x-posting to every knitting community I could find
B) given links to patterns that simply alternate Stst rows of a varigated wool with black wool. Pretty, but boring.

Curse you LiveJournal. This is why I set this blog up on Blogger.

I must find and knit this scarf, for I have the perfect varigated wool to use already in my stash. I will continue to hunt the internet for this pattern, and hope that someday, somewhere (possibly with the help of someone?), I can knit a crazy-ass scarf.

No comments: