Sunday, July 1, 2007

Canada Day Revalation

I'm trying to deplete as much of my yarn stash as possible this year. I'd like to do it before I move back to Waterloo in September, since I have a fair amount of yarn stashed in a friend's condo there. Hehe. Whoops.

When I'm knitting, I always like to have a small project on the go for those times that I get frustrated with whatever larger project I've been working on for what feel like *forever*. (Sweater of doooooooooooom!)

Today, on my nation's 140th birthday, I realized that I can knit a hat in about a day, which gives me a break from my larger projects *and* will gradually deplete my stash. I also realized that if I knit at least one hat a week, I can give lots of people pretty cool hats for birthdays and holidays, thus solving the constant dilemma of what to get for the men in my life. Plus, there are *tons* of bad-ass hat patterns on the internet, as well as in my many books. (Feel free to recommend any patterns you've seen from the corner of your eye.)

Seriously. I just solved a bajillion problems at once. I should join up with the UN.
And knit them all hats. Yesssssss.

No comments: